|In the excitement of the holidays, we missed a few things in the last newsletter…
It was brought to my attention after some phone calls about the Tour de Hoot that many of you mentioned you hadn’t received your reservation letters that we now email. Garnet sent everyone an email on or before December 1st with an attachment regarding your 2011 reservations. If you haven’t received an email, please reply to this newsletter or call the office between 8:30 and 3:30, Monday through Friday. We will be in and out during the holiday week so from 12/23 to 1/3, please leave a message if calling. Garnet will get in touch with you as soon as she gets back from California. If there’s an urgent question, I’ll be checking email from Cabin 8, at Lake Five, where the Schupp’s and Kaldahl’s spend the holidays! Thanks!
Tour de Hoot update!!
Omaha, we’ve found a home for the hoot.
TIME: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 · 7:00pm
PLACE: Mockingbird Hills Community Center
10242 Mockingbird Drive
Hope to see you there, or at one of the other locations on our tour!!! www.fairhillsrsort.com
Five Lakes Resort
I know we’re just getting organized with the Five Lakes Resort Facebook page, but if you love that place (how can you not?!) become a fan on Facebook for updates on skiing and trail reports, new summer activities, and general news items! How about that Lisa grooming the trails on the picture above J http://www.facebook.com/#!/FiveLakesResort
Explanation of who’s who in the Schupp picture
I’ve had so many people write and ask who is who in that long line up of kids that I thought I should give you a run down. For the one dear, dear person who thought that I looked like one of the kids, you’re vacationing at the resort, FREE, for the rest of your life! ReAlLy! 🙂 For the three people who wrote to tell me that Dan looks like one of the kids, I’m sorry, but your cabin is booked for the next 100 years!!
From left to right:
* Margaret is a senior at Montana State in Bozeman where she’ll graduate with a bio systems and sustainable farming degree.
* Carolyn is a junior at UMD, studying biology and chemistry.
* Charlie is in his first year of grad school at the U of Mn. studying architecture
* Anna and Charlie were married in August of 2009 at a very fun wedding! After finishing her PhD in Psychology, she started practicing in St. Cloud this fall.
* Emily is living in Detroit Lakes and doing all kinds of projects at the resorts
* Marianna-or NAN- just graduated from St. Thomas in St. Paul, and is working at the U of Mn. doing research
* Andy is finishing high school this year at DLHS and is thinking either UMD or St. John’s-his father’s alma mater.
We all hope you have a wonderful gathering with those people that are near and dear to you over the holidays. And don’t worry; if you eat too much, we’ll work it off you when you come “on vacation”!!
Beth & the crew at Fair Hills (and Lake Five) resort.