2022 Season; COVID-19 Update
Full services, amenities and traditions returning!
Greetings from the shores of (still icy) Pelican Lake!
As we are approaching our 96th season, we are optimistic that we are returning to full “normal” operations. While we plan and prepare for “normal,” we are very aware that it is still weeks away and so much can change in a short amount of time. We will take what we have learned over the past two years, apply it to best practices and balance traditions, new-normals and the safety & fun of all.
Here is an overview of our plans and expectations. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out! We appreciate your feedback, questions and thoughts. Open communication is the key!
Fair Hills Vacations
A vacation at Fair Hills will, as always, feel like a true destination getaway. Our first commitment is to our guests and staff safety and health while ensuring a fun and magical stay.
- Length of Stay – There are no restrictions to length of stay, other than the usual 2-night minimum during our vacation Sports Weeks.
- Guest Rooms (Cabins) – We will continue with our improved and increased cleaning protocols. EPA-approved disinfectants will be used on all surfaces.
- Maid Service – We will continue to offer maid service but the schedule is yet to be finalized. Staff challenges, like in the rest of the country & industries, are still present. We will finalize our cleaning schedule offerings and share them with you prior to arrival. As always, we are here for whatever you need whenever you need it, just ask!
- Dining – The Dining Room will be open for our usual meal schedule and service.
- Meal Times – Meal times will remain for 1 hour service per meal.
- Menus – Our menus will be largely unchanged in format and variety, although sprinkled with new & fun additions. We will continue to offer both buffets and served meals throughout the week. As always, we will continue to accommodate all dietary requests.
- To-Go Options – We offered to-go services in 2020 & 2021 and they worked great! You and your family will have the option to order your meals and pick-up To-Go before each meal time. Orders are subject to a specific timeline to order. Our staff will be available to assist you in these options when you arrive.
- Activities – We are so excited to offer our usual activity programming for all ages 4+, and have spiced it up with some new activities. We have suggestions, modifications and extra activities we can recommend if you’d prefer a less crowded schedule. Again, just ask!
- Fitness Classes – We plan to offer our full complement of fitness classes.
- Amenities – All amenities will be open!
- Pools – the pools and hot tubs will be open and will follow all state restrictions.
- Playground – the playground will be open. Sanitation stations will be nearby for use.
- Land Games – all land game amenities will be open and running. Equipment will be available for use as usual. As always, you are also welcome to bring your own equipment.
- Golf Course – The golf course will be open in full capacity.
- Golf Carts – Golf carts will be available to rent as always.
- Tennis Courts – The tennis courts will be open and available for use. Please refer to USTA rules.
- Pickle Ball Courts – New in mid-2021, 6 courts are available for use!
- Non-Motorized Boats – All non-motorized boats will be available to use. Can you canoe? There will be sanitation stations on the beach for use on equipment.
- Rental Boats – We will still offer motor boats for rent. We also continue to recommend two 3rd party rental companies who have excellent fleets of boats to rent.
- Lake Toys – The tower, water mat and raft will be in the lake!
- Massages – We will still offer massages and you can set-up your appointment anytime in advance of your stay.
- Lobby & Pavilion – The lobby will be open and offering full services. We will continue to promote gathering outside whenever possible, but all services from the lobby will be available including billiards, ping pong and foosball.
- Soda Fountain – The soda fountain will be open in full and now OFFERS DELIVERY SERVICES! You can text your milkshake order in and a few minutes you can snack in the cool without ever moving!
- Perch – The Perch will be open with the full menu. The Perch is also offering DELIVERY SERVICES. We are excited to offer some new menu items this year.
- Gift Shop – The gift shop will be open as usual. We are excited about the apparel we have ordered for this year. Hopefully you can find your new favorite Fair Hills sweatshirt!
As ever, we will continue to train our staff and improve our protocols to ensure a safe and fun experience for everyone. We will be as prepared as possible for a successful and safe summer.
We continue to encourage all our staff to be up to date with their vaccinations.
We encourage you to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. We hope to see you this summer on the shores of Pelican Lake!
Stay positive and test negative!
Beth & Dan Schupp and the rest of the Fair Hills Team